Are you one of those people getting irritated in noisy hairdryers? Then, look at the best quiet hair dryer in Singapore we reviewed for you!
Hair dryers are essential in drying and styling hair. However, the noise from blow dryers can be loud. If you use a blow dryer early in the morning or late at night, there’s a chance that you may wake up someone or disrupt someone’s quiet moment. And if you use a hair dryer on a daily basis, the noise can even hurt your ears.
Enter quiet hair dryers, which are designed to have a lower noise output than other hair dryers. Ever since I got a complaint from a neighbour about my hair dryer noise making her baby cry, I’ve used a quiet hair dryer. It performs just as well as my previous hair dryer, and I have not received any complaints from my next-door neighbour!
My search for the best quiet hair dryer in Singapore led me to a number of highly recommended products, which I’ll be sharing with you. Before that, here’s why you should consider getting a quiet hair dryer.
As promised, here’s our Top 10 list of the best quiet dryers in Singapore. You can buy these online, and many of them can be purchased at discounted prices. Check them out today!
|Philips EssentialCare Travel Hair Dryer||S$33.99|
|Panasonic International Ultra Silent Hair Dryer||S$87.50|
|Professional Ionic Hair Dryer||S$97.45|
|Panasonic Ionity Hair Dryer EH-NH42-N685||S$60.50|
|Professional Hair Dryer With Concentrator Nozzle||S$39.21|
|Braun Satin Hair 7||S$119.00|
|Dyson Supersonic™ HD08 Hair Dryer||S$649.00|
|Xiaomi Ionic Hair Dryer||S$44.80|
|Tefal Respectissm Instant Dry Hair Dryer HV6080||S$136.06|
|BaByliss PRO Spectrum Hair Dryer||S$59.90|
How we tested the best quiet hair dryer?
Before we used these products on our hair, we decided on a few parameters on which to judge them. These are given below. After using it and with the help of our team, we then rated these instant coffees on a scale of 1-5.
Quietness: Since we are looking for the best quiet hair dryer, rating how quiet the dryer is important.
Performance: How well does the hairdryer perform, or how effective can it blow dry hair?
Price: We have to determine if the hairdryer is good value for money.
Design: The design and materials could be least important, but it’s better to find something easy to use and handle.
The Philips EssentialCare Travel Hair Dryer is a compact yet powerful hair dryer that is designed to be 20 percent quieter than the Philips SalonDry hair dryer. It has a foldable handle and comes with a pouch, making it great for travelling. Its features include a ThermoProtect temperature setting, which gives protection from overheating and provides the optimal drying temperature. There’s also the Cool Shot feature, which gives a burst of cold air to set your hairstyle for a flawless finish.
- Foldable handle for greater portability and easy storage
- Designed by sound experts
- Gives protection from overheating
- Cool Shot feature to set and finish hairstyle
- Adapter needed for use in Singapore
The Panasonic EH-ND51 is a low-noise hair dryer that features three heat settings. It has a turbo function, which delivers the most powerful air flow. There’s also a Healthy Mode, which generates a steady 50-degree Celsius temperature to protect hair while retaining volume and shine. Lastly there’s the Cool Air function, which fixes the style and seals in the shine.
This ultra-quiet Panasonic hair dryer comes in three color options: pink, green, and silver.
- Foldable handle for increased portability
- Cool Air feature to fix the hairstyle in place
- Healthy Mode protects hair
- Turbo function for powerful air flow
- Travel pouch not included in purchase
This professional-quality ionic hair dryer features three speed settings, two heat settings and a separate cooling function. The lowest speed setting is called Natural Wind, followed by Soft Wind, then Strong Wind. You can choose from Hot Wind or Warm Wind for the heat setting.
There is a built-in thermostat that turns the hair dryer off automatically when it gets too hot. In addition, it also has a heat balance technology, which prevents hair from getting damaged because of too much heat. This quiet hair dryer also has a honeycomb-shaped air inlet, which prevents hair from getting sucked into the dryer.
- Honeycomb air intake for safer use
- Protection from overheating
- Cooling function to set hairstyle
- With heat balance technology to protect hair
- Can feel hot in the hand
The Panasonic Ionity Hair Dryer is a lightweight and compact quiet hair dryer with a foldable handle. There are three settings: Turbo Dry, Set Mode, and Cool. If you need to get your hair done in a hurry, Turbo Dry is the setting to choose. Don’t worry because even at this maximum output, the hair dryer remains quiet.
The Ionity also has two external ion outlets that blow negative ions into the hair. These ions have a moisturising effect on hair, reducing frizz and boosting shine.
- Highly efficient fan for less noise
- Dries hair quickly
- Prevents frizz
- Limited settings
This ionic hair dryer effectively dries hair faster while sealing the cuticles of hair strands to retain moisture. This makes hair frizz-free and gives it a lovely, healthy shine. This hair dryer has two speed settings, Normal Wind and Strong Wind, and three temperature settings: Hot, Warm, and Cold. The built-in heat-balancing ceramic technology protects hair from heat damage. This quiet hair dryer comes with a slim concentrator nozzle, which also helps in lowering the noise output.
- Ionic hair drying for a smooth and sleek finish
- Hair dries faster
- Comes with heat-balancing ceramic technology
- Included nozzle helps reduce noise further
- A little heavy at 2 kilos
The Braun Satin Hair 7 features a powerful AC motor and IONTEC technology. Conventional hair dryers often cause static electricity, which results in frizzy hair. This hair dryer’s IONTEC technology reduces frizz by locking in moisture in the hair, making it more resistant to frizz while keeping it shiny. It also has a built-in temperature sensor that prevents overheating and protects the hair from heat damage. This Braun quiet hair dryer comes with a concentrator nozzle and a diffuser for easy styling.
- IONTEC technology fights frizziness and boosts shine
- Advanced heat control function
- Infrared heating system allows for faster drying
- Comes with a diffuser and styling nozzle
- Feels heavy
Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer
We all know the name Dyson, and it’s a very popular brand when it comes to innovative devices. The famous Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer is one of our top favorites for the best quiet hair dryer in Singapore because it is six times quicker drying than other brands. What other features we love are its smoothing nozzle and styling concentrator which is very gentle to the hair.
- With improved diffusion innovation
- Intelligent heat control system
- It comes with styling attachments
- Three-speed and four heat settings
- Negative ions reduce static
- It’s in the high-end price
Xiaomi Ionic Hair Dryer
Xiaomi is known for its smart gadgets and devices, and you shouldn’t miss out on buying their Ionic Hair Dryer. We love this hair dryer because it is designed to have a powerful motor but quiet operation. It provides the right amount of airflow that quickly dries hair. Additionally, its ionic technology prevents dryness, leaving the hair soft and smooth.
We also noticed how hair dries quickly when using this Xiaomi Ionic Hair Dryer, and it is because of the high air volume from the dryer itself with smart temperature control.
- Separate water ion channel
- With three temperature settings
- Dries hair quickly
- It helps prevent hair dryness
- Hard to find in stores and online
Tefal Respectissm Instant Dry Hair Dryer HV6080
If you are looking for a hair dryer that also gives extra protection to your hair, here’s Tefal Respectissim we tried that is guaranteed to give great quality. Aside from fast-drying, it has premium care leaving hair shiny and smooth. The good thing about the Tefal hair dryer is its less noise usage and prevention from overheating. Many have tried this hairdryer, and we love this as well.
- Fast hair drying
- With air concentrator
- Foldable and compact
- Less noise but not ultra silent as other brands
BaByliss PRO Spectrum Hair Dryer
Do you have frizzy hair? Worry no more because BaByliss PRO Spectrum Hair Dryer will help you with that! From its high motor and advanced ionic conditioning, we could see that it helps control frizz, leaving your hair shiny after drying. We also love its ergonomic design, which is easy to carry and use.
Other customers also believe that this hairdryer is a good steal! Especially that it helps their hair smooth. It also produces less noise, so you’ll have a comfortable hair drying experience.
- Slim concentrator nozzle
- Removable filter
- 2100 high-power motor
- Extra penetrating airflow
- A bit heavier
What’s the quietest hair dryer in Singapore?
We tested different brands to find the quietest hair dryer in Singapore. We found that Dyson Supersonic™ HD08 Hair Dryer is the quietest hair dryer in Singapore. Here’s why:
From the brand itself, the Dyson Supersonic™ HD08 Hair Dryer provides an silent feature of a hairdryer when in use. It also highlights improved diffusion innovation, and aside from the brand, it’s also known for its portability, design and other features. The quietest hair dryer will not be bothersome or annoying to use, plus offers great qualities and features for your hair. Though it’s the most expensive hairdryer on the list, it is still a good value for money.
Quiet hair dryers make the tasks of drying and styling hair convenient without the noise. And while they’re not exactly cheap, they do offer benefits that regular hair dryers don’t. There are also lots of models to choose from, from professional low-noise hair dryers for salon use to portable quiet hair dryers you can bring along with you on trips.
If you’re looking for an upgrade or a replacement for your loud blow dryer, a quiet hair dryer is definitely a good investment. We hope this list of the best quiet hair dryers in Singapore helps you find the perfect one for your needs.
A quiet or silent hair dryer guarantees a low noise level, which can benefit you in a number of ways.
- It helps you avoid disturbing other people. Whether people are sleeping, reading, watching TV, listening to music, or simply having a quiet moment, you won’t disturb them when you’re using a quiet hair dryer. This is especially important if there’s a baby nearby.
- It reduces cumulative hearing damage. Frequent use of hair dryers and other loud devices can harm your hearing. When you use a quiet hair dryer, it will have a low impact on your hearing, making it safer to use over the years.
- It allows you to focus on your thoughts. Loud noises can make it difficult to think and focus on a particular task. A quiet hair dryer lets you focus on styling your hair and think about what you need to get done for the day.
- It lets you hear other people and talk to them without the need to shout. If someone needs to get your attention, they don’t need to shout for you to hear them properly. In the same manner, you can carry on a conversation without having to raise your voice, which creates more noise in the process.
- It preserves a sense of calm. Drying your hair after a relaxing shower can become agitating if your blow dryer is noisy or sounds like it’s screaming into your ears. If loud noises annoy you or make you agitated, a quiet hair dryer can help keep you calm and relaxed.
Best Quiet Hair Dryer Singapore: FAQs
Traditional hair dryers only produces about 85dB. There is nothing to worry about because as long as you’re not using the hair dryer for hours and hours, it cannot damage your ears.
If you have a regular hair dryer, one of the best ways to make its operation less noisy is by attaching a diffuser. On the other hand, diffusers are usually used by individuals who have curly hair for frizz management.
Yes, you can get a silent hairdryer. There are tons of hair dryers in the market that has a silent or less-noise feature which is perfect for those who find it annoying to use hair dryers that are a bit noisy.