Hair dryers are essential in drying and styling hair. However, the noise from blow dryers can be loud. If you use a blow dryer early in the morning or late at night, there’s a chance that you may wake up someone or disrupt someone’s quiet moment. And if you use a hair dryer on a daily basis, the noise can even hurt your ears.
Enter quiet hair dryers, which are designed to have a lower noise output than other hair dryers. Ever since I got a complaint from a neighbour about my hair dryer noise making her baby cry, I’ve used a quiet hair dryer. It performs just as well as my previous hair dryer, and I have not received any complaints from my next-door neighbour!
My search for the best quiet hair dryer in Singapore led me to a number of highly recommended products, which I’ll be sharing with you. Before that, here’s why you should consider getting a quiet hair dryer.
A quiet or silent hair dryer guarantees a low noise level, which can benefit you in a number of ways.
- It helps you avoid disturbing other people. Whether people are sleeping, reading, watching TV, listening to music, or simply having a quiet moment, you won’t disturb them when you’re using a quiet hair dryer. This is especially important if there’s a baby nearby.
- It reduces cumulative hearing damage. Frequent use of hair dryers and other loud devices can harm your hearing. When you use a quiet hair dryer, it will have a low impact on your hearing, making it safer to use over the years.
- It allows you to focus on your thoughts. Loud noises can make it difficult to think and focus on a particular task. A quiet hair dryer lets you focus on styling your hair and think about what you need to get done for the day.
- It lets you hear other people and talk to them without the need to shout. If someone needs to get your attention, they don’t need to shout for you to hear them properly. In the same manner, you can carry on a conversation without having to raise your voice, which creates more noise in the process.
- It preserves a sense of calm. Drying your hair after a relaxing shower can become agitating if your blow dryer is noisy or sounds like it’s screaming into your ears. If loud noises annoy you or make you agitated, a quiet hair dryer can help keep you calm and relaxed.
As promised, here’s our Top 10 list of the best quiet dryers in Singapore. You can buy these online, and many of them can be purchased at discounted prices. Check them out today!
- Foldable handle for greater portability and easy storage
- Designed by sound experts
- Gives protection from overheating
- Cool Shot feature to set and finish hairstyle
- Adapter needed for use in Singapore
The Philips EssentialCare Travel Hair Dryer is a compact yet powerful hair dryer that is designed to be 20 percent quieter than the Philips SalonDry hair dryer. It has a foldable handle and comes with a pouch, making it great for travelling. Its features include a ThermoProtect temperature setting, which gives protection from overheating and provides the optimal drying temperature. There’s also the Cool Shot feature, which gives a burst of cold air to set your hairstyle for a flawless finish.
- Foldable handle for increased portability
- Cool Air feature to fix the hairstyle in place
- Healthy Mode protects hair
- Turbo function for powerful air flow
- Travel pouch not included in purchase
The Panasonic EH-ND51 is a low-noise hair dryer that features three heat settings. It has a turbo function, which delivers the most powerful air flow. There’s also a Healthy Mode, which generates a steady 50-degree Celsius temperature to protect hair while retaining volume and shine. Lastly there’s the Cool Air function, which fixes the style and seals in the shine.
This ultra-quiet Panasonic hair dryer comes in three colour options: pink, green, and silver.
- Lightweight design
- Buttonless controls
- Comes with two air nozzles
- Dries hair quickly
- More expensive than most quiet hair dryers
The HSI Professional Dryonizer Max Turbo features an ionic ceramic turbo motor with HeatBalance technology. This breaks down water molecules 40 percent faster, allowing you to dry and style your hair quickly. It’s good for travel because of its compact size and lightweight design.
This quiet hair dryer also features buttonless controls, which helps prevent unintentional changes to the heat setting. This product also comes with two air flow nozzles for greater styling precision.
- Ionic conditioning feature to tame frizz
- Boosts hair shine
- Foldable handle
- Removable air intake filter is easy to clean
- Can feel a bit heavy in the hand
The L-XG 2000W Hair Dryer has three heat settings and a cool button to set the hairstyle in place. It has a powerful motor that lets hair dry quickly and helps you style your hair in a jiffy. It’s also equipped with an air intake filter that has been specially designed for reduced noise output. This quiet hair dryer also features ionic conditioning, which helps in taming frizz and boosting shine for healthy-looking hair. The foldable handle lets you take this dryer anywhere you go.
- Cordless operation
- Rechargeable batteries
- Good for travel
- Mild and gentle temperature
- Battery power lasts for only 30 minutes at heat setting
This wireless hair dryer is designed with portability in mind. It can be plugged in via USB or run on battery power. The lithium batteries provide 2000mAh of power, which is enough for 30 minutes of use at Heat setting. At the Cool setting, this hair dryer can work up to 4 hours. It has a built-in temperature care system, which blows 40 degrees Celsius so it’s not too hot but still effective in drying hair. Because of its mild and gentle heat along with its low noise output, it’s also suitable for kids and pets.
- Honeycomb air intake for safer use
- Protection from overheating
- Cooling function to set hairstyle
- With heat balance technology to protect hair
- Can feel hot in the hand
This professional-quality ionic hair dryer features three speed settings, two heat settings and a separate cooling function. The lowest speed setting is called Natural Wind, followed by Soft Wind, then Strong Wind. You can choose from Hot Wind or Warm Wind for the heat setting. There is a built-in thermostat that turns the hair dryer off automatically when it gets too hot. In addition, it also has a heat balance technology, which prevents hair from getting damaged because of too much heat. This quiet hair dryer also has a honeycomb-shaped air inlet, which prevents hair from getting sucked into the dryer.
- Highly efficient fan for less noise
- Dries hair quickly
- Prevents frizz
- Limited settings
The Panasonic Ionity Hair Dryer is a lightweight and compact quiet hair dryer with a foldable handle. There are three settings: Turbo Dry, Set Mode, and Cool. If you need to get your hair done in a hurry, Turbo Dry is the setting to choose. Don’t worry because even at this maximum output, the hair dryer remains quiet.
The Ionity also has two external ion outlets that blow negative ions into the hair. These ions have a moisturising effect on hair, reducing frizz and boosting shine.
- Ionic hair drying for a smooth and sleek finish
- Hair dries faster
- Comes with heat-balancing ceramic technology
- Included nozzle helps reduce noise further
- A little heavy at 2 kilos
This ionic hair dryer effectively dries hair faster while sealing the cuticles of hair strands to retain moisture. This makes hair frizz-free and gives it a lovely, healthy shine. This hair dryer has two speed settings, Normal Wind and Strong Wind, and three temperature settings: Hot, Warm, and Cold. The built-in heat-balancing ceramic technology protects hair from heat damage. This quiet hair dryer comes with a slim concentrator nozzle, which also helps in lowering the noise output.
- Powerful motor with quiet operation
- Uses negative ion technology to keep hair moisturised
- Sleek design
- Comes with three attachments
- Can feel a little heavy after prolonged use
SIlent, yet powerful. This quiet hair dryer makes use of negative ion technology to dry and style hair to a sleek finish in less time. This ionic hair dryer keeps hair smooth and reduces frizz. It comes with three attachments: a hair comb, a concentrator nozzle, and a soft wind diffuser, which is ideal for those with curly hair. The diffuser disperses the air to reduce frizz while retaining the hair’s natural curls.
- IONTEC technology fights frizziness and boosts shine
- Advanced heat control function
- Infrared heating system allows for faster drying
- Comes with a diffuser and styling nozzle
- Feels heavy
The Braun Satin Hair 7 features a powerful AC motor and IONTEC technology. Conventional hair dryers often cause static electricity, which results in frizzy hair. This hair dryer’s IONTEC technology reduces frizz by locking in moisture in the hair, making it more resistant to frizz while keeping it shiny. It also has a built-in temperature sensor that prevents overheating and protects the hair from heat damage. This Braun quiet hair dryer comes with a concentrator nozzle and a diffuser for easy styling.
Quiet hair dryers make the tasks of drying and styling hair convenient without the noise. And while they’re not exactly cheap, they do offer benefits that regular hair dryers don’t. There are also lots of models to choose from, from professional low-noise hair dryers for salon use to portable quiet hair dryers you can bring along with you on trips.
If you’re looking for an upgrade or a replacement for your loud blow dryer, a quiet hair dryer is definitely a good investment. We hope this list of the best quiet hair dryers in Singapore helps you find the perfect one for your needs.